A Fine Pair of Gothic Tracery Oak Panels
Known as “blind” tracery, as none of the decoration is pierced. These panels would have been part of a “screen”, probably near an altar in a large church or cathedral. These were often pulled to pieces around 1540 – a period known as the Dissolution of the Monasteries.
English, circa 1450-1500.
Width 16 inches by height 9 inches.
See Reference 295 for pair of pierced tracery panels from the same screen.