A Fine Pair of Gothic Tracery Oak Panels
Known as “pierced” tracery. These panels would have been part of a “screen”, probably near an altar in a large church or cathedral. These were often pulled to pieces around 1540 – a period known as the Dissolution of the Monasteries.
English, circa 1450-1500.
Width 9.5 inches by height 8 inches.
See Reference 273 for a pair of blind tracery panels from the same screen.